IP ADDRESS CALCULATOR
You can use this calculator to find detailed information about any IP Address including the hostname, geographical location and map of the area,
Postal/ZIP Code, Time Zone and Latitude/Longitude. You can also zoom in and out on the map or click to see a larger version.
- Enter the IP Address you want to check. You can enter both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
- IPv4 addresses are more common and will look similar to 192.168.1.1. IPv6 addresses will look similar to 1050::5:600:300c:326b
- Click the Calculate button to see your results.
Click here to try our other Internet Calculators.
- Hostnames are sourced from the worldwide DNS system.
- IPv4 addresses consist of four 8-bit fields of decimal digits separated by periods or dots. The most common format is x.x.x.x where each x can have any
value from 0 to 255. An example of a valid IPv4 address is 192.168.1.1
- IPv6 addresses consist of eight 16-bit fields of hexadecimal values separated by colons. The most common format is x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x where each x can have
any value from 0000 to ffff. An example of a valid IPv6 address is 1050:0000:0000:0000:0005:0600:300c:326b
- Shortened versions of IPv6 addresses are also found. Firstly, leading zeros can be omitted so 1050:0000:0000:0000:0005:0600:300c:326b becomes
1050:0:0:0:5:600:300c:326b Secondly, double colons (::) can replace a series of zeros so 1050:0:0:0:5:600:300c:326b becomes
- Location results for each IP Address can include a small degree of error. They are said to be 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state
or regional level and 87% accurate on a city level within a 50 kilometer radius.