MILITARY TIME CALCULATOR
This calculator is designed to show the current time in Military Time and to help you calculate equivalent times in both Military and Standard time.
Military Time is also known as 24-hour time because it measures the full 24 hours of the day instead of the two blocks of 12 hours used by Standard time.
- Choose whether you want to calculate Standard Time to Military Time or vice versa.
- Enter your chosen time in the correct format. Standard Time should be entered as hours and minutes with AM or PM. For example,
6:00 PM. Military time should be entered as 4 digits to represent the 24-hour clock. For example,
- Click the "Calculate" button to see your result.
You may also like to try these calculators:
Click here to try our other Time/Date Calculators.
- Military time is usually shown in four digits, so midnight is 0000 (pronounced "zero-hundred"), 6.00 AM is 0600 ("zero-six-hundred"), midday is 1200
("twelve-hundred") and 6.00 PM is 1800 ("eighteen-hundred").
- If military time is measured to the second, a colon is used to separate the seconds, such as 1800:30
- When writing or speaking military time, many organizations often add the word "hours", so 6.00 PM becomes "eighteen-hundred hours".
- A letter indicating the time zone can also be added to military time. For example, Z or Zulu represents Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), also known as
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), so "1800Z" is 6.00 PM in GMT/UTC.